What is this project going to accomplish?
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) has enacted the Long-Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule (LT2). The rule places more stringent requirements for the removal or inactivation of the waterborne pathogen Cryptosporidium. To meet this standard, UV disinfection will replace the existing disinfection process (ozonation) and other upgrades will be made to provide greater system reliability. The UV disinfection system is approved for use and is now operational. This completes phase one of the project. Phase one included the new UV disinfection system, filter construction, and upgrades to the treated water pump station. Phase two is now in proccess, which includes upgrades to the chlorine system, wells, and administration building. Phase two is scheduled to be completed by October 2019.
Other Project Documents:
- City Safety Plan
- Risk Management Plan Program
- 2013 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
- 2015 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
- City of Walla Walla Water System
- La Ciudad De Walla Walla El Sistema De Agua
- August 10, 2015 City Council Worksession Presentation
- August 10, 2015 Water/Wastewater Advisory Committee Recommendation Letter