What is this project going to accomplish?
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) has enacted the Long-Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule (LT2). The rule places more stringent requirements for the removal or inactivation of the waterborne pathogen Cryptosporidium. To meet this standard, UV disinfection will replace the current disinfection process (ozonation) and other upgrades will be made to provide greater system reliability. The Department of Health Office of Drinking Water (ODW) is currently reviewing the 100% design submittal. While the City is waiting final approval for construction from ODW, Apollo, Inc., the City's General Contractor/Construction Manager is presently advertising for subcontractor bids. Prospective contractors or material suppliers can obtain the construction documents from one of the following plan centers. Tri-City Plan Center, Spokane Plan Center, Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce and Washington OMWBE websites.
Construction started in September 2017.
Other Project Documents:
- City Safety Plan
- Risk Management Plan Program
- 2013 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
- 2015 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
- City of Walla Walla Water System
- La Ciudad De Walla Walla El Sistema De Agua
- August 10, 2015 City Council Worksession Presentation
- August 10, 2015 Water/Wastewater Advisory Committee Recommendation Letter